Walker: Pelosi's $3 TRILLION Wish List Helps North Carolinians as Much as Her "Freezer Full of Expensive Ice Cream"
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Representative Mark Walker (R-N.C) issued the following statement after the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 6800, the HEROES Act:
“This legislation goes as far in serving North Carolinians as Nancy Pelosi’s freezer full of expensive ice cream. Even moderate Democrats today rejected this power grab. Put bluntly, it’s a collection of extraneous radical liberal policies combined to capitalize on people’s suffering and a $3 trillion check to ensure a prolonged recession. Instead of this disgraceful approach, we must realize the pain of those who have lost their jobs, put politics aside, and act on a plan that brings confidence for the safe and prosperous path to reopening and revitalizing.”
Turning a blind eye to our nation’s families, the Democrats’ HEROES Act – which was built entirely on deliberations of the House majority and without bipartisan discussions – is focused on partisan wish list items such as:
- Allows for stimulus payments for illegal immigrants.
- Rolling back limitations on the State and Local Tax (SALT) Deduction – which According to the left-leaning Tax Policy Center, restoring the SALT deduction would result in a $31,190 tax cut for those in the top 1% by income but only a $10 tax cut for middle-class taxpayers.
- A $25 billion bailout for the United States Postal Service.
- $10 million for National Endowment for the Humanities and $10 million for National Endowment for the Arts.
- Federalizes elections via requirements on ID requirement, vote by mail, and ballot harvesting.
- Permits taxpayer funding of abortion.